Today is my mom’s birthday. She is a beautiful person, inside and out. As I gird myself for the fallout of tomorrow’s election, I am reflecting on the values my mother has instilled in me.
- Work hard.
- Share the fruits of your labors.
- Learn from the animals.
- Make the most of change.
- There is strength in subtlety.
- Soak up the sun when you can.
- Never stop learning.
- There’s always another path.
- Don’t let other people decide your limits.
- Be kind.
- We are all connected.
Today’s gratitude is my mom. She radiates strength, hope and courage. I love you, Mommy, always and forever.
Gratitude Song List: Pete Seeger’s May There Always Be Sunshine